How to Frame Your Wedding Bouquet
I married my husband George on the 31st August 2019 and today I finally got round to framing my beautiful wedding bouquet from Flower La Vita
My bouquet featured eucalyptus, parvi, cream roses, white waxflower, white lisianthus, spray roses, white veronica and succulents. It was absolutely stunning so I wanted to be able to treasure it forever.
So here’s how I did it...
1. My mum separated it into little bunches and hung it upside down to dry out for a few weeks in a warm room (a few weeks clearly turned into 17 months as I’ve only just got round to doing this!)
2. I bought a deep box frame from IKEA to put my bouquet in. It measures just under 10x10 inches.
3. I picked out my favourite bits and made a little bunch, tying it with ribbon, to go inside the frame. I had to trim the ends with cutters to make them fit at the bottom. I also cut off any unruly leaves so it was nice and neat.
4. Naturally bits of the flowers will fall off so when you are happy with the placement on your bunch, hold onto it tight and blow on the frame and shake it about gently to get the loose bits out. You may want to also wipe the internal glass one more time in case you’ve put finger marks on it.
5. Then it is time to close it! I put the cardboard framing down and turned the grey sheet of paper to the other white side as there was a cut out square in the cardboard framing. I then squashed it all down gently and put the backing on. Ta da!
6. You can then put it on a shelf or hang it on a wall by your dressing table.
7. Please let me know if you do it or if you’re planning to - I'd love to see yours!
Love Claire xxx